Saturday, 24 December 2016

Merry Christmas





#Romance #Love #Christmas #Passion #Power #Thedarkanddamagedheartsseries #Gifts



Love, Passion and Power: Part 2 (Part 1 is now available for pre-order coming January 29, 2017)
The Dark and Damaged Hearts Series Book 2
Coming February 19, 2017

The following excerpts are from Love, Passion and Power: Part 2, Book 2 from The Dark and Damaged Hearts series. It’s Justin and Kendra’s first Christmas, and they’re sitting around the tree opening gifts, just the two of them. 



“There’s more! Look inside the bag.” I watched him pull out a comic book. “Its The Amazing Spiderman issue number 129, The Punisher!” I announced, unable to contain my excitement.

“I see that,” he said, his eyes raking over the pristine plastic wrapped limited edition comic book that I had spent ages tracking down, only to spend a small fortune on in a brutal bidding war with some seventeen-year-old in Belarus. “Kendra, this is a limited edition copy.”

“I know. You don’t have it do you? I went through all your comics I could find and I didn’t see this one. Do you like it?”

“I…I love it, thank you. But this is really expensive.”

“I know, but, you’re worth it.  I love you. And you keep telling me to stop worrying about money, so finally I did. Seeing your face light up the way it is makes it all worth it.”

I was talking a million miles a minute and I hadn’t even finished my first cup of special Bailey’s laced Christmas coffee. It was just the Christmas Effect, it made me so giddy I could hardly contain myself, let alone stop and take a breath.

***

“Now,” he said, sobering up and sitting back on his heels. “I think there are a few more things under here with your name on the tag.” He started rummaging around the base of the tree amongst all the gifts for other people. “Ah, here we go.” He pulled out a big box, once again expertly wrapped; this time the paper was bright red and the velvet bow gold. “Open it.”

I tore at the paper and opened the box, my face bunching up in confusion. “Shirts and socks?”

“We can buy practical things for each other too.” He grinned. “But look underneath them.”

I lifted the cute peach blouse and ankle socks out and put them next to me. Beneath them was an absolutely stunning black satin corset with red trim, lace inlay, black stays and a lace thong. I raised a sarcastic eyebrow Justin’s way, he was all smiles.   

“Okay, well it’s more of a Christmas present for me,” he chuckled. “But I couldn’t very well wrap up my own gift, now could I?”

I rolled my eyes and smiled. “Noooo,” I chided. “Of course not.”



Wishing you and yours a safe and magical holiday, with many amazing things coming your way for 2017.With Love, Whitley Cox



No comments:

Post a Comment