Saturday, 12 November 2016

The first book, the first post




Love, Passion and Power: Part 1
The Dark and Damaged Hearts Series Book 1
***Coming January 29, 2016***
Available for pre-order


He was her new beginning; she was his undoing...
When personal trainer Kendra Black saw millionaire Justin Williams walk through her door all she saw was money and a practiced swagger. A man who's used to getting what he wants, especially when it comes to women. But Kendra is startled to realize that there is more to Justin than meets the eye, he’s kind and funny and brilliant, and she wants him, desperately. Unable to resist Kendra or her fiery spirit and zest for life, right from the start, Justin pursues her, only her troubled childhood holds her back. She’s been running from love for so long, she doesn’t know how to stop and let it catch up.
Elated when Kendra finally gives into their attraction, Justin jumps in with both feet, only his hectic and demanding life continues to interfere, and Kendra’s past comes creeping back and the two are tested. When the couple embarks on a daring, passionate and physical adventure, Justin discovers Kendra’s secrets and fears while exploring and uncovering his own wild and dark desires.

Excerpt
...“There is definitely something going on. We both feel it.” He stepped forward and motioned to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear, but I moved back  and batted his hand out of the way.
“You need to leave.”
“I’m not going anywhere until you tell me why.”
“Fine,” I lifted my shoulder to feign disinterest, “you weren’t very good in bed.”
He let out a huff of a laugh and took another bite of his cupcake, “That’s bull shit and you know it. You’re not a very good liar you know? Try again.”
“I’m not supposed to date clients.”
“Something tells me you’ve never let that stop you before. And I called Lacy, that receptionist, and asked if that was a policy. She said it wasn’t. Keep trying.” He rested his hip against the counter, a smug smirk playing on his lips.
I took a deep breath, “Why do you need a reason? I’m just not interested. I like you well enough but I’m just not that interested.” That’s right Kendra, if you say it enough you might just convince yourself, as well. “I’m sorry. Can we please just leave it at that? I’ll transfer you to another trainer so things aren’t awkward.”
“I don’t want someone else. And I don’t believe you, I saw your face when Alexa kissed me last night, you were jealous. But…,” he cocked his head in thought, “I’ll leave you alone if you agree not to drop me as a client.”
“You’re not worried it will be too awkward?”
“I’ll try if you will.”
I let out a loud sigh and crossed my arms, “Okay. Fine. But I reserve the right to pass you off to someone else if it’s not working.”
“This is happening whether you like it or not. You want me just as much as I want you. And I’ll wait as long as I have to. I’m incredibly patient.”
“You’re wrong,” I whispered, looking down at my bare feet, desperate not to let him see how he really made me feel.


DON'T FORGET TO SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER!
BE THE FIRST TO HEAR ABOUT RELEASES, PRE-ORDERS, 
.99cent DEALS AND FREE BOOKS.

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE:






Okay! So, I'm the newest of the newbs when it comes to all things bloggy, so please bear with me. I'm not exactly sure how it goes, or what to talk about. These days I spend the majority of my time ready mommy blogs and silently sighing when I learn that I'm not the only woman out there who has had fleeting thoughts of selling her child on Etsy and using the money to fund a live-aboard trip to the Galapagos. Kids are time suckers. And sometimes they just suck. I'm excited to apart of this diverse and talented group of women and I can't wait for my books to start rolling out and I can really dive in deep and get to know my readers. 

You can find me at my website WhitleyCox.com on Twitter @WhitleyCoxBooks, Instagram CoxWhitley and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/CoxWhitley/



No comments:

Post a Comment